Sofros “P&M” 2014
Tinto D.O. Toro
Cherry red, garnet edging, elegant nose with subtle aromas of black berries, lactic notes and spicy remembering.
In the mouth it is tasty and structured, with a pleasant taste sensation with a long and mature finish.
6 bottles/ wood box
- Wine name and harvest year: Sofros “P&M” 2014.
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Toro.
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río.
- Production: 2.500 bottles.
- Viticulture: Made with tinta de toro grape from very gently cared vineyards of 5 hectares, located in a villaje called Morales de Toro in the territorial región of Zamora, at a 705 metres of altitude.
- Soil: sediments of sandstones, clays and limestones, with boulders on surface. Low content of organic material and an unbalanced on acidit and Ph.
- Vineyard age: 87 years.
- Pruning system: goblet.
- Grape harvest: 28th of September, on 15kgs boxes.
- Grape variety: Tinta de Toro.
- Pre-fermentarion process: Three days / 5 days.
- Native yeasts action for 6 days, at 24ºC reaching up to 30ºC during some hours. (Malolactic fermentation).
Maturing in casks
- Capacity: 225 liters.
- Moment of use: they change every year and are used in our wine DO Ribera del Duero.
- Type of oak: french 100%.
- Oak grain size: very fine.
- Roast: medium.
- Aging:28 months
- Switches: five.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 15%.
- Total acidity content: 5,7 gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <2 g./l.
- pH: 3,4.
- Without clarifying..
- No filtration.