Sofros El Monaguillo 2013
Tinto crianza D.O. Toro
Red cherry, rich robe. Intense nose, ripe black fruits on toasted and spicy notes. Lactic hints, so it is light and nice on the palate, tasty, tannic and mature with very good acidity.
The wine is manufactured in rented premises but we own the silos, the equipment and the casks needed for carrying out all the traditional process.
- 6 bottles/ wood box
- American pallet: 96 cardboard box (576 bottles)
- Wine name and harvest year: Sofros El Monaguillo 2013
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Toro
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río
- Production: 2500 bottles.
- Viticulture: This wine is made with Tinta de Toro grape from a checked vineyard located in a territorial area called Morales de Toro (Zamora). A 85 yeards old vineyard, 5 hectares size, 705 meters altitude and whit a planting disposition in short and whit what is called “vaso” disposition.
2013 was a complicated year. Spring temperatures were lower than usual, which delated the cycle and hence produced freshner wines, with higher acidity and nice to drink.
- Soil: A combination of sands, silt and clay whit roounded stones on top. Low content of organic material and acidity and pH misbalanced.
- Vineyard age: 86 years.
- Pruning system: goblet.
- Grape harvest: 06 of october, harvested in 15 kg. boxes.
- Grape variety: Tinta de Toro.
- Maceration at 8ºC / 5 days.
- Native yeasts action for 5 days, at 24ºC reaching up to 30ºC during some hours. (Malolactic fermentation).
Maturing in casks
- Capacity: 225 liters.
- Moment of use: new. They change every year and are used in our wine DO Ribera del Duero.
- Type of oak: french 100%.
- Oak grain size: very fine.
- Roast: medium.
- Aging: the wine is kept in oak casks for 25 months.
- Switches: eight.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 15%.
- Total acidity content: 5,5gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <2 g./l.
- pH: 3,4.
- No clarification.
- No filtration.