Tinto D.O. Toro
Red color with intense violet, complex wine of fruit and spices, balsamic. On the palate is broad and elegant, with good acidity, fine and tasty with polished tannins, and of long and harmonious finish.
6 bottles/ wood box
- Wine name and harvest year: Sofros 2014.
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Toro.
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río.
- Production: 12.500 bottles.
- Viticulture: This wine is made with Tinta de Toro grape from a checked vineyard located in a territorial area called Morales de Toro (Zamora). A 87 yeards old vineyard, 5 hectares size, 705 meters altitude and whit a planting disposition in short and whit what is called “vaso” disposition.
- Soil: A combination of sands, silt and clay whit roounded stones on top. Low content of organic material and acidity and pH misbalanced.
- Vineyard age: 76years.
- Pruning system: goblet.
- Grape harvest: From 25 of september, harvested in 15 kg. boxes.
- Grape variety: Tinta de Toro.
- Pre-fermentarion process: Maceration at 8ºC / 3 days.
- Native yeasts action for 6 days, at 24ºC reaching up to 30ºC during some hours. (Malolactic fermentation).
Maturing in casks
- Capacity: 225 liters.
- Moment of use: they change every year.
- Type of oak: french 100%.
- Oak grain size: very fine.
- Roast: medium.
- Aging: the wine is kept in oak casks for 15 months.
- Switches: four.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 14,5%.
- Total acidity content: 5,7 gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <2 g./l.
- pH: 3,6.
- No clarification.
- No filtration.