Tinto D.O. Toro
Red “episcopal” trimmed the same color, bright.
Ripe fruit with balsamic notes and sweet, milk, spices clean.
The taste is balanced, fresh and persistent.
For its tannic and craftsmanship, wine may submit, with the passage of time, precipitates in the bottle.
6 bottles/ cardboard box
American pallet: 96 cardboard box (576 bottles)
- Wine name and harvest year: Sofros 2012.
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Toro.
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río.
- Production: 10.000 bottles.
- Viticulture: This wine is made with Tinta de Toro grape from a checked vineyard located in a territorial area called Morales de Toro (Zamora). A 84 yeards old vineyard, 5 hectares size, 705 meters altitude and whit a planting disposition in short and whit what is called “vaso” disposition.
- Soil: A combination of sands, silt and clay whit roounded stones on top. Low content of organic material and acidity and pH misbalanced.
- Vineyard age: 85 years.
- Pruning system: goblet.
- Grape harvest: From 11 to 12 of october, harvested in 15 kg. boxes.
- Grape variety: Tinta de Toro.
- Pre-fermentarion process: Maceration at 8ºC / 5 days.
- Native yeasts action for 5 days, at 24ºC reaching up to 30ºC during some hours. (Malolactic fermentation).
Maturing in casks
- Capacity: 225 liters.
- Moment of use: they change every year and are used in our wine DO Ribera del Duero.
- Type of oak: french 98% – american 2%.
- Oak grain size: very fine.
- Roast: medium.
- Aging: the wine is kept in oak casks for 15 months.
- Switches: four.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 14,5%.
- Total acidity content: 5,7 gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <1,2 g./l.
- pH: 3,4.
- No clarification.
- No filtration.