Tinto D.O. Toro
Intense red purple, ribbed by violets, brilliant. From forest fruits´aromas, to vanilla, chocolate…very complex. On the palate is very fresh, fruity and juicy, unctuous with wooden subtleties. Of persistent and nice remembrance. Mature sweet point. Due to its artisan process and tannic action, the wine can present precipitations with the step of the time in the bottle.
We continue to develop in rented facilities, where we have our deposits, barrels and everything that is necessary to continue to maintain a craftsmanship and to be respectful with the grape and with the wine, trying to emulate our ancestors.
- 6 bottles/ wood box
- American pallet: 96 cardboard box (579 bottles)
- Wine name and harvest year: Silbón 2018.
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Toro.
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río.
- Production: 12.000 bottles (0,75cl) 950 bottles (Magnum).
- Viticulture: This wine is made from Tinta de Toro grape from different vineyards aged 30 to 47. Soils have been selected in order to nurture its Toro character in keeping with fruits and alcohol content. Chalky, loamy-sandy soils, exploring exposure and orientation. From Venialbo to Toro, through Morales and La Boveda. In 2018, the persistence of high temperatures during a long and endless summer without storms or rains, has led to differences between alcoholic and phenolic maturity and a 15/30-day delay in the harvest date compared to the previous season.
- Soil: Sediments of sandstone, clay and limestone, with boulders on surface. Low organic matter and this year very balanced acidity and pH.
- Vineyard age: 30 to 47
- Pruning system: Goblet.
- Grape harvest: 28 of september, harvested in 15 kg. boxes.
- Grape variety: Tinta de Toro.
- Native yeasts action for 15 days, at 23ºC (Malolactic fermentation).
Maturing in casks
- Capacity: 225 liters.
- Years of use: new cask and third year.
- Type of oak: french 100%.
- Oak grain size: very fine.
- Roast: medium.
- Aging: cask new one month and 4 months in cask of 3 years.
- Switches: 2.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 14,5%.
- Total acidity content: 5,7 gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <3 g./l.
- pH: 3,6.
- Clarification: No clarification.
- Filtration: No filtration.