Silbón 2017 Verdejo
Lemon yellow with touches of Arbequina, shiny and clean. Very complex, explosive, cool and elegant. Citrus hints, varietal bottom notes of peach/pear-cocktail. Fresh, elegant and sweet with good acidity. Slightly bitter finish that will be good for the bottle.
We elaborate in leased facilities, with our deposits.
- 6 bottles/cardboard box
- Wine name and harvest year: Silbón 2017.
- Designation of Origin: D.O. Rueda.
- Technical Manager: Ramiro Carbajo del Río.
- Production: 8.000 bottles
- Viticulture: This wine is made with the variety Verdejo, coming from a controlled vineyard of 26 years, in formation of trellis, located in the municipality of Rueda (Valladolid). Altitude of 761 m. 2017: Difficult vintage. Frosts (two of them, late April and early May) combined with hail as well as a pressing drought, have been the factors that determined the work of winemakers and grape-growers.
- Soil: Of gravelly terrain with sandy loam texture, good aeration and drainage.
- Vineyard age: 26 years.
- Pruning system: Espalier.
- Grape harvest: 4 of september, harvested in 15 kg. boxes.
- Grape variety: Verdejo.
- 6 hours to 3ª C.
- Duration: 24 days.
- Temperature: 12ºC.
Maturing in casks
- On lees suspended for three months.
- Alcoholic strength by volume: 13%.
- Total acidity content: 5,7 gr/l.
- Residual sugar: <2 g./l.
- pH: 3,4.
- Clarification: Natural with cold.
- Filtration: 0.45 microns when bottling.